1. WHAT SHOULD BE THE FIRST THING TO DO BEFORE GETTING ADMISSION INTO ANY FOREIGN MEDICAL UNIVERSITY?
A Pakistani citizen desirous of joining an undergraduate or a post graduate medical/dental course in any foreign medical /dental institution shall approach the National Examination Board of the Council for issue of a No Objection Certificate and provide detailed documentary information regarding the qualification and course and the institution he intends to join. Please refer to the PMDC Regulations 2008
1. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING TO CHECK ABOUT A UNIVERSITY?
The very first thing to check about a university, is that whether it is listed in WHO’s universities list or not. If it is not enlisted on WHO’s universities list, your degree will not be acceptable outside the country of that university, according to the WHO’s law.
2. WHAT ARE THE IMPORTANT THINGS TO BE CONSIDERED REGARDING ANY MEDICAL UNIVERSITY?
You should get information about
- the course offered by the university,
- degree awarded (MBBS, MD, MBChB etc),
- duration of the course,
- whether the university offers last year internship at its own hospitals, or do students have to come back to their home country for internship? or both options available,
- what are the fees, (tuition fee, hostel fee and others)
3. WHAT IS DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MD, MBBS AND MBCHB?
These all are same level degrees, and the course taught is not different, but have different names.
MD is also a post-graduate degree, such as MD in Gastroenterology, MD in Neurology etc.